The Enlightenment Foundation Libraries (EFL) cover a wide range of functions including inter-process communication (IPC), graphics, audio and even location services. Other powerful features include file handling utilities, widgets and user interface controls, thumbnailing and rendering via scene graph. You can discover more of EFL's capabilities by visiting the About EFL page.
For ease of access to documentation, EFL can be split into Core, Graphics, Operating System Specific and Beta library categories. Documentation for libraries in each of these categories is available below.
- Ecore operating system abstraction and integration.
- Eet binary data parser and serializer.
- Eeze hardware device manipulation and notification.
- Eina data types and low-level/basic abstractions.
- Eio asynchronous input/output
- Eldbus D-Bus integration.
- Embryo embedded script language.
- Eo generic object system.
- Edje layout and theme library with super powers.
- Efreet freedesktop.org (xdg) menu and desktop integration.
- elementary_main widget library.
- Emotion to play music and videos.
- EPhysics physics simulation integration and visual effects.
- Ethumb to generate thumbnail images of files.
- Evas drawing canvas.
Operating System specific libraries
- Escape playstation3 portability layer.
- Evil microsoft windows portability layer.
Early stage libraries (BETA testing)