Eeze Device Library
Eeze is a library for manipulating devices through udev with a simple and fast api. It interfaces directly with libudev, avoiding such middleman daemons as udisks/upower or hal, to immediately gather device information the instant it becomes known to the system. This can be used to determine such things as:
- If a cdrom has a disk inserted
- The temperature of a cpu core
- The remaining power left in a battery
- The current power consumption of various parts
- Monitor in realtime the status of peripheral devices
Each of the above examples can be performed by using only a single eeze function, as one of the primary focuses of the library is to reduce the complexity of managing devices.